Thursday, October 16, 2008

A new day has come..

....and thank goodness it did, because I don't think i could hack another one like yesterday, it was one of THOSE days...ok NEXT! So today has been great, I got to witness my little boy(Nicholas) lose his first tooth,as he wiggled it, it actually came out, and he was in total shock,lol..he discussed it all morning, till school. He was so happy that he lost it like that and not swallowed it, like his brother did once,lol.
I think all the plans for Nick and Kara's party are in order, it has been a challenge to get it all to coordinate and worry about weather, but I think we have it just right, now. They are just too cute and all excited for it to come and the daily count is getting less and less, so it will be fun to see how it turns out. I have to finish up the few details this evening, and we should be set.
As many of you know, tomorrow is a huge day for us. It seems so surreal, and has been hard to take.We truely thought long and hard about it, and now that it is here, it just seems so final. It was something we really have wanted but to have it done is another story, so please pray for us as our world is changing and we mourn this part of our lives being over. AND..look to the hopes of our future!~
This year is flying by and it seems like it has been just a crazy one, I am glad that 2009 is almost here, so maybe it will bring everyone good fortune. I can't wait to see what the election brings. I have been on the fence with who to vote for, as I did not see much hope in anyone's speches, but I am thinking now, I know what I want, and I seriously doubt that another 4 yrs of the same policies will bring us any good. I am hoping that we can get past these sad times, and we are lead into greener pastures... life is too short for this stuff.
I am going to end on a positive note, today, as I have really been trying to live by what I have learned over the last few yrs... I read a quote a few mos back, and some days it sticks in my head. I even think about it when I am going to sleep... and there are a few people in my life, who I truely do not understand or get why they do what they do. Sometimes my initial reaction to their actions, is fury, but then as it softens, I remember this quote:
"Be nice to everyone, because no one knows what battles they are going through" and it is so true..we all have battles and have things that are inside us, and not everyone knows...Have a good day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Don't forget to be the tooth fairy:)
What's happening tomorrow...I'm out of the loop