Thursday, November 13, 2008

Always something to share!

I always start posting with a certain font, and by the end it is a totally different one...hmm. Still learning this site, I suppose. It's beena relatively calm week,the kids are getting better from their illnesses, no terrible occurances( knock on wood) although, Jax has been a bit of a needy little man,lol. He is like his daddy, when he is ill, he wants to be well taken care of. I feel like all I have done is held him the last few days, and actually 80% of my day really has been that, had it not been a week where I need to reorganize and get ready for Miranda's 15th birthday bash, I would not give it a second thought... but he will be first, and I will manage.
Scott has been busy all week with various work, and is a busy man. He worked for a friend last Fri and Sat, which proved a PITA, due to not getting pd when they said, but he would not listen when I said it sounded fishy, and now he is mad at the situation..I digress.
All my kids got their report cards this week, and I am one proud mama! Mimi got a high B over all average, Maddy got an A( honor roll average) Nick got all A's and one B and Mack my little busy bee, got straight A's!!!! We are so happy! I have to say that me being home this yr has made a huge impact on their grades jumping up that last notch. Last year was a menagerie of best tries on Scott and my part, but I was not home most nights and he works looong days and was just beat by it, so we had some issues trying to make it all happen. ;0( This year is working out great, and we have more time to sew and sell, so it really makes up for a lot of my income loss...now sanity, is a whole other ball park,lol.. I can honestly say it was a good choice, and if he was not just laid off...$%^&*$#@ It would make it all much better,lol.
Ok, onto better subjects! This week has a ton of birthdays! After Kara was my Grandpa, he was 84 on Tues, and then comes Miranda on Monday..the BIG 15!!! We are so happy for her, she is so excited to be 15, and I am so trying to be, for her...but it's bittersweet! I think through it and see what a wonderful young lady she has become, and then I feel sad that the cute little sassy red-headed baby girl she was....... is long gone. I also know that in a few short years, she will be off spreading her wings, and doing what makes her happy, and l know that what ever path she chooses, she will excel, it is just who she is, but all of that does not make it easier to let her start this process. It stings at your heart.
Ok, enough for now, have a great THURSDAY!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy bday to all the bday peeps in your neck of the woods

Crazy Married Folks said...

Awww........I am glad to hear that the kids are feeling better. I hope the unpaid situation works out and he gets his money.

I so feel you on the bittersweet bday feelings. Dameron is inching closer and closer to 16. Pray for me Sam!!!